church@work emphasises a number of themes that have emerged as highly relevant in recent years among Christians in the workplace, as we have sensed God leading us. These themes are underpinned by biblical principles, and inspired by the concepts of Prayer Evangelism as taught by Jesus to his disciples in Luke 10, and the Five Pivotal Paradigms of Transformation outlined by Harvest Evangelism. Five key themes that are important as we launch church@work at the start of 2013 are:
- The workplace as a setting for ministry
- The role of Christians as peacemakers
- Prayer as a vital component of the Church’s effectiveness
- Unity in the whole Church
- Partnership between workplace-based Christians and their church leaders
These will be unpacked in more detail through teaching that will take place in meetins and be posted on this website.